First and foremost Darin Garman is a husband (20+ Years) and father of three who lives in Marion, Iowa. Darin Garman is an investor, apartment and commercial property owner, author and commercial real estate coach and broker going on 20 years.
Darin is the author of the popular “9 Month Investment” as well as “The Affluent Investors Guide To High Profit Real Estate Investing” and “The Insiders Guide To Apartment Property Investing”, Darin has co-authored a number of books of which two with business guru Dan Kennedy. “Wealth Attraction For Entrepreneurs” and “Walking With The Wise For Entrepreneurs”.
Darin operates four real estate related businesses out of his office and home office and is frequently guests on radio talk shows and TV news related to investment real estate.
Darin is active in the lives of his family and coaches or attends more athletic activities in a week than one can count. The main sports he attends either as coach or in lawn chair are basketball, football and soccer. Darin’s favorite “hobby” is to spend time with friends and family at his home in Lake Okoboji.
Darin has amassed a diverse (and certainly interesting) roster of credentials:
- Graduated Algona Garrigan High School Algona, Iowa in 1985 – they were glad to get rid of him.
- Criminology Degree University of Northern Iowa 1989 BA
- All State Football Player in High School. Attended UNI on athletic scholarship and played Center on the offensive line.
- Born into a single parent family as an only child. Grew up in two bedroom home with Mother, Grandmother, Grandfather and Uncle.
- 1989 – 1990 Prison Guard – Iowa Department of Corrections.
- 1990 – 1992 Prison Activities Consultant Iowa Department of Corrections. “The Repo Man” to the inmates.
- Quit Job with the Department of Corrections As A Result of Reading “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill in 1993. Almost caused a riot in the prison when he told the inmates, as a joke, the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders were coming to take photos with them. Problem: Many inmates actually believed it!
- Unofficial Record Holder of Most Apartment Buildings Sold By One Person – $400,000,000+ in sales volume.
- “Go To Guy” for many investors and real estate brokers across the US and Canada now for about 20 years.
- Founder of Heartland Investment Real Estate and its Funds I – III.
- Manager of 22 Real Estate Partnerships.
- Tenacious self-promoter.
- 46 years old.
- Direct Ownership in over $20,000,000 of apartments and investment real estate as owner and manager.
Darin received his academic degree from the University of Northern Iowa but received his life degree in Real Estate from the school of hard knocks, murphy’s law and what goes around comes around. Major influences in Darin’s life and philosophy are Dan Kennedy, Robert Ringer, Uncle Tom Garman and real estate broker and entrepreneur Scott Byers.
Darin is not a big social networker and is a self professed anti social but you can reach him via email at email@example.com or via fax at 1-866-212-2838.